Friday, October 24, 2014

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blush Palette Review

My love for the Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders runs deep. I have two of the blushes that came out in the spring so when I heard that they were coming out with a Holiday blush palette, I knew I had to try it! 



If you aren't familiar with the Ambient Blushes, they are a hybrid product in that they mix a cheek color with the soft-focus lighting effects of one of their Ambient Lighting Powders. The result is a natural finish that refines your complexion while also adding color to your cheeks. To read more on their blush concept check out this post I did on the colors: Dim Infusion and Radiant Magenta.




The blush palette contains three blush shades, one of which is new and exclusive to the palette, the other two can be found in the regular line. These are only slightly smaller than the regular sized blushes. Regular blushes contain 0.15 oz of product. Each blush in the palette contains 0.11 oz. Like the other two shades I own, these three have the same great texture and wear I have come to expect from Hourglass.




Luminous Flush: Hourglass describes this shade as "champagne rose." It is mixed with the Luminous Light Ambient Powder which is "A champagne pearl that creates a soft, incandescent candlelit glow." I think the Flush name is appropriate, it gives your cheeks that pinched-pink look, like you've just come back from a brisk walk.

Incandescent Electra: This shade is described as "cool peach." It is mixed with the Incandescent Light Ambient Powder which was exclusive to the Ambient Lighting Powder Palette, which provides a "celestial glow." This is a pretty baby pink. At first I was thinking this would be more of a spring shade but I've worn it a few times recently and I'm really loving the subtle glow it adds to my cheeks. I think this color is actually showing up on my cheeks better this time of year since I'm fairer than it would during the spring or summer.

Mood Exposure: This shade is described as "soft plum." It is mixed with the Mood Light Ambient Powder which is "A soft, sheer lavender pink that mimics the softest, most forgiving light and brightens the complexion." It is coming off more brown than plum in the picture, but in person it is a beautiful soft plumy-pink color. I've been loving these colors for fall so this one is my favorite shade from the palette of the moment. 

My only gripe with this palette is that since the powders are so soft and finely milled, they are delicate and tend to kick up some excess powder when you dip your brush into them. I don't think I'd pack this for travel. Overall, I'm happy with this purchase and would recommend this palette if you're looking to add color that provides a natural, lit from within glow to your cheeks.



1 comment:

  1. Lovely! I've had my eyes on this palette, and now seeing this post has me really itching go to Sephora and get one for myself! Hahah :) xo

    grace - lovejunkiibeautique.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete