Last summer I scored this cute little 3 drawer dresser at a yard sale for $10. It was completely unfinished just waiting to be redone! I was originally thinking I was going to paint it or just add some polyurethane. I wasn't sure so I just left it as-is for a while. I had been using it in my upstairs guest room as a bedside table.
Later in the summer I found an even more perfect table for the guest room so I decided to refinish this one and use it as my bedside table.
All our bedroom furniture is Mahogany so I decided on the Red Mahogany wood stain. The stain says that you get the desired color in one coat, but I ended up doing three so it would be darker and would more closely match my furniture.
The next step was the Polyurethane. I applied 3 coats of this, which was the recommended application on the can. I waited a day between each application.
Heres what it looked like after I applied the final coat of polyurethane.
Lastly I added some Mercury Glass Knobs from Anthropologie. The dresser came with wooden knobs but I wanted to make it a little more special. Turns out they were the perfect finishing touch!
All in all this was a pretty easy project, it was just time consuming between all the stain and polyurethane applications. The dresser has moved to its new home in my bedroom and I'm loving it there!