Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Fall Nail Polish Picks



Fall not only motivates me to change up my Makeup routine, its also a great time to change gears when it comes to Nail Polish. Each time the seasons change, I like to check out the new collections from my favorite brands as well as peruse my own stash to find the perfect colors for the upcoming season.




Where Fall is concerned, its time to turn in those summer brights for some rich and cozy tones. If you're on the hunt for the perfect fall polish, here are 10 shades I recommend:




(Left Hand)

OPI In the Cable Car-Pool Lane - This is a vampy reddish-purple color with a creme finish. Opaque color in two coats. I've been wearing this one a lot recently and its a great neutral color that goes with any outfit.

OPI Got the Blues for Red - This is a deep red creme finish. I'd call the color a deep blood red that leans more oxblood in in the shade. Opaque color in two coats. 

China Glaze Salsa - This is a bright, fire engine red polish with a creme finish. It leans a bit Orange in natural light which makes it a perfect fall red. Opaque color in two coats.

Essie Going Incognito - This is a beautiful Emerald Green. There are some cool blue undertones in there which makes it not your average forest green polish. Opacity is to die for, you could get away with one coat if you're careful. I think the color is versatile enough to be appropriate for all seasons but I find myself wearing this one most in the fall.

Essie The Perfect Cover Up - This is from Essie's Fall 2014 "Dress to Kilt" collection. The color is a deep teal green creme. The formula is very thick but not goopy. Opaque color in 1 coat!




(Right Hand)

OPI Live and Let Die - This was part of one of my favorite OPI collections, the James Bond Skyfall collection that came out for Holiday 2012. The color is a deep dark green with green and gold shimmer. The formula is thick and again, you can get away with one coat if you're careful. This color is so pretty in the sunlight, it really sparkles.

Deborah Lippmann Chain Reaction - This color is a blend of Gold, Olive and Green shimmery glitter. It is just such a unique color. I think the green and copper in it make it a great accent color for fall. Opaque in two coats. I actually got this one as part of the the "Rock this Town" trio on GILT a while back for a nice discount so keep your eye out for it on the daily deal sites. 

Sephora by OPI Metro Chic - This is a gray-purple creme color. The consistency is very sheer. I used three coats. I can get over the sheerness because I love the color, I really don't have anything like it in my collection. This line is now discontinued by Sephora but they come up every so often on Hautelook and I've spotted them at Big Lots for a huge discount.

Formula X Cosmic - This is a dark plum purple with blue shimmer. It definitely has that celestial vibe as the name intends. Its multidimensional and really sparkles in the sunlight. Two coats to opacity. 

China Glaze Bermuda Breakaway - This is an indigo blue creme. The base color is actually similar to Cosmic but without any of the glitter. Its an inky blue that's appropriate for all seasons. Opaque in two coats.





I hope this post gave you some great ideas to change up your nails for Fall. I love curating my own little collection of go-to colors for the season.

What polishes are you loving for Fall?


No comments:

Post a Comment