Friday, November 21, 2014

IT Cosmetics Brushes for ULTA Review



It Cosmetics has come out with three new brush collections that are available exclusively at Ulta. There are three different collections: Airbrush Essentials, Live Beauty Fully and Velvet Luxe. They are all about delivering a high quality brush that leave a flawless finish. Here are the three I chose:




Live Beauty Fully All Over Powder Brush #211 - This is a jumbo-sized fluffy round brush. I use it for applying setting powder by lightly buffing my T-zone, inner cheeks and jawline. The bristles don't grab too much product when I dip it into a pressed powder which helps create a flawless finish. With its buttery soft bristles, you truly feel pampered when using this brush. This was the priciest of the three brushes, retailing for $40. It takes some of the sting away knowing that with every brush purchased from the Live Beauty Fully line, IT donates a brush to the Look Good, Feel Better foundation, a charity that supports women living with cancer.




Velvet Luxe LBD Foundation Brush #302 - This is part of the Velvet Luxe Blurring Collection. As the name intends, this line is very fancy. The brush handle has a soft-touch grip (think Nars packaging) and is ergonomically correct.  Each brush even comes with a velvet pouch. The brush features a medium domed brush head designed to blend foundation evenly across your face. It reminds me of a more luxurious version of the Real Techniques expert face brush. The blend is seamless and I don't have any problems with streaking as I do with the expert face brush. The brush head is also a bit larger. The brush itself is made up of dense micro-fine anti-microbial optical blurring hair. The bristles seem to soak up hardly any product which means I'm wasting less foundation.




Velvet Luxe Plush Blush Brush #316 - This is a custom cut angled brush that is designed to softly blend blush into your skin for a natural flushed complexion. I was looking for a synthetic version of my beloved Sigma F40. Although I do like this brush, I find that the extreme softness of the bristles are actually a hindrance in this case. My usual method of applying blush is I dust it onto the apples of my cheeks and then go back in and blend it out with the same brush without any additional product. This gives me a natural and uplifted finish. The bristles on this brush are just too soft to do this and I find myself having to go back in with a Kabuki to fully blend my blush.

There are over 60 brushes in the three lines so these are just the tip of the iceberg. Have you tried any of the new IT Brushes?



1 comment:

  1. Thinking of opening your own makeup studio? Get day to night makeup lesson by Lina to improve your makeup skills and knowledge about makeups, as well as to improve your communication skill with your clients. Also, you will able to learn new tricks and hacks to make up your makeup looks flawless and long lasting!

    ReplyDelete