Friday, April 24, 2015

Glam Glow Masks, Worth the Hype?



Today I'm talking about the ever-popular Glam Glow Masks. These items are certainly a splurge. Each full size mask costs a whopping $69! Does big money yield big results? Are these worth the hype? I was lucky enough to receive these three in a holiday gift set last Christmas. I've been testing them out for a while now and wanted to share my thoughts.




Supermud Clearing Treatment

This a mud mask that Glam Glow describes as being skin-clearing. It draws out dirt and congestion from the skin with Activated-X Charcoal while brightening and softening the skin with a six-acid blend. In short, I love this stuff. I use it once a week on my whole face for about 20 minutes. As soon as I rinse it off I notice a difference. It minimizes my pores, shrinks blackheads and starts to dry up any active breakouts. My skin also feels slightly tighter after using. Not in an uncomfortable way, but it may be the pore minimizing at work. The final result is my skin is left feeling soft and smooth, which was surprising for me as I'm dry and acne treatments usually leave my skin clearer but leave behind dry patches. This one is a win-win!




Youthmud Tinglexfoliate Treatment

This is an exfoliating mud mask that Glam Glow describes as providing gentle resurfacing exfoliation to smooth and brighten skin as well as providing tighter skin and pores for a more youthful appearance. This one is a 10 minute mask that delivers a tingling effect during application. I did notice that this mask also provided the skin tightening, pore minimizing effect that I got from the Supermud but I'm not the biggest fan of the tingling sensation. My skin is sensitive and the tingle is strong and almost feels a bit burning. My skin wasn't red or irritated when I rinsed it off so it wasn't actually burning me but it made me nervous. I did appreciate the exfoliating aspect while rinsing it off but it was a bit gritty and I prefer a more gentle exfoliant. On the whole, this mask was a miss for me.




Thirstymud Hydrating Treatment

Glam Glow describes this mask as a hydrating mud treatment that moisturizes, restores, replenishes and calms the skin, leaving is silky, soft and supple. It can be applied in a thin layer for daytime use or generously applied as an overnight mask. I like to use this as an overnight hydrating treatment. I apply it before I go to bed and then rinse off any excess in the morning. I've been using this all winter to combat dry, flaky skin. It does wonders for re-hydrating my face and leaves my skin smooth and healthy as if I've just gotten a facial. It also smells amazing with a cocoa-butter, tropical-type smell. It is one of those products that is a joy to apply and actually does what it claims.




Final Thoughts

The standout products for me are the Supermud and Thirstymud masks. In my experience these masks actually perform as described and don't irritate my skin. The biggest drawback to these is the price. While I do love the Supermud and Thirstymud that $69/each price tag is a killer. I'd recommend getting a set like this that has 1 full sized product and two deluxe samples. This one was a holiday set where you got a full sized Thirstymud and a deluxe sample of the Supermud and Youthmud for the $69. This particular set isn't available anymore but Sephora does have a similar set available now. Also, the Youthmud and Thirstymud are sold in travel sizes which are $19 if you are looking to try them out before taking the plunge on the full size.

I hope this was helpful if you are on the fence about purchasing any of these masks. What do you think about the Glam Glow masks?

Shop this post:

Youthmud
Thirstymud
Supermud
Get Glowing Set



No comments:

Post a Comment