Friday, December 5, 2014

November Beauty Favorites



So its December, how the heck did did that happen? It seems like I blinked and Fall was over. The last favorites post I did was back in September that went over my favorite summer products. Although I had originally thought I'd be doing these posts once a month, that clearly didn't happen. More realistically I plan on posting these sporadically when I feel I have a group of stand out products to recommend and talk about.

Here's what made the list this month:

MAC Mystical Lipstick - This was part of the Alluring Aquatics collection that came out over the summer. MAC describes the color as a mid-tone creamy rose with a creamsheen finish. This has been my go-to, don't have to think about it, shade all month. Its a neutral color that goes nicely with every look. I think its more of a fall/winter color than a summer color since its a bit darker in tone. It is creamy and comfortable to wear. 

NARS One Night Stand Cheek Palette -Sorry, another limited edition product. I promise the rest are not! This came out with last year's Holiday Guy Bourdin collection. I remember I bought it during the 2013 VIB sale. I was obsessed when I first got this but then I kind of forgot about it until recently. This is perfect for traveling. I toss this in my makeup bag and I'm covered for face color. It has four blush shades, a bronzer and a highlight. The standout of the palette is the highlight shade, Devotee. Its the prettiest pink-beige color with a frost finish. Perfect for the Holidays. NARS comes out with one of these palettes every year for the Holidays. I think this year's palette, which is very similar, may still be available. Its called Virtual Domination.

NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base - This is the holy grail of eyeshadow primers. If you have oily eyelids, this stuff is for you. My eyeshadow typically looks good for the first few hours after I apply it then it starts to crease. Not with this! My eye makeup lasts and looks fresh all day. I had received a sample of this a while back and was immediately wowed but I just couldn't justify purchasing the full size since I have so many free-with-purchase travel size primers from various brands. I'd been getting really frustrated lately with my eyeshadow not holding up all day, so when this year's VIB sale rolled around I finally broke down and ordered this. It is so worth it.

L'Oreal Amber Rush Infallible Eyeshadow - This is a beautiful rose gold color with a metallic finish that can be worn wet or dry. The consistency of the Infallible Eyeshadows is unique - its like a cross between a loose and pressed pigment. You get the color payoff and blendability of a loose pigment with out the mess. Win, win! This shade in particular is one of those magical shades you can use for a one shadow look. It looks great on the lid and in the crease. It gives a multidimensional effect that makes it look like you are wearing more than one color. If I do want a more definition in the crease I'll just add a bit of bronzer and I'm good to go.

Mario Badesco Facial Spray - This is described as a refreshing and hydrating facial mist that is a pick me up for dehydrated, tight and uncomfortable skin. I use this as my toner. Its hydrating and moisturizing to my skin and leaves it feeling fresh. The small is amazing, like fresh Roses. I've heard that you can use this as a makeup setting spray but I haven't tried it for that.

By Terry Baume de Rose - I received this as a sample from Beautylish. I haven't been able to put it down since I got it. This brand is fairly new to the US and supposedly has a cult following in France. I can see why. This stuff is amazing. So thick and creamy and smells like a bouquet of fresh roses. I apply this before bed and it makes my lips so soft and feel amazing when I get up. I don't know if I'll purchase a full size one because the price is just out of control. We'll see how much I miss it when its all gone!

Urban Decay Naked Skin Ultra Definition Finishing Powder - This is a finely milled loose powder with a natural satin finish. The word silk comes to mind. Since it is so fine, it never looks cakey and it blends into the skin seamlessly Another great thing about this powder is its ability to blur imperfections. It does a great job of minimizing pores and giving my skin a smooth appearance. The only thing I don't love about this is that the opening is a bit small. I use a massive powder brush to apply so it doesn't fit in all the way. But this stuff is amazing so I make do!

Clearly I'm loving everything rose colored and scented this month. What have you been loving lately?




No comments:

Post a Comment