Thursday, December 18, 2014

Burn Notice: Holiday Candle Favorites



While I love candles in the fall, my absolute favorite time of year to burn them is during the Holidays. They add that special finishing touch of ambiance to a room that really gets me in the Holiday Spirit. Here's a roundup of my seasonal favorites:




Bath & Body Works Holly Jolly Christmas - B&BW describes this scent as "a festive blend of bright mandarin, red pomegranate and fresh balsam." Its a woodsy scent, like a men's cologne mixed with pine trees. The citrus notes lighten it up and soften the fragrance making smell perfect for the Holidays. The packaging couldn't get any cuter either.




Bath & Body Works Pumpkin Gingerbread - If you're like me and aren't ready to say goodbye to all things Pumpkin once December rolls around, this candle is for you. Hey, they are still serving the Pumpkin Spice Latte at Starbucks so I figure, its ok! B&BW describes the scent as "just-baked gingerbread, golden vanilla and fresh creamy pumpkin." Its very savory smelling. The strongest notes are gingerbread and molasses but there is a background hint of pumpkin spice which mellows it out a bit and makes it unique.




Bath & Body Works Fresh Balsam - As the name suggests, this is a fresh pine scented candle. It smells just like a Christmas Tree, like if you somehow stuffed an entire tree into a tiny jar. With that being said, it's the perfect amount of pine scent that isn't too overwhelming. We have a natural tree that smells amazing but this just gives it an extra kick. I haven't had one of the mason jar candles before and this is just so cute. The one wick doesn't burn down as evenly as B&BW's three wick candles but I've been burning it a lot this month and its only about a quarter of the way down, so it's a slow burn. This is one I can see myself repurchasing year after year.




Yankee Candle Christmas Cookie - Yankee describes this candle as "buttery rich, vanilla scented, holiday sugar cookies." This is an oldie but a goodie. I've bought this candle again and again. Its one of those quintessential holiday scents that really get me in the Holiday spirit. As the name intents, it smells like fresh baked cookies. Its a warm and sweet scent that wafts throughout the house, just like fresh baked cookies. This one can get dangerous because it just makes me crave Holiday sweets and I end up baking. I blame the candle!




Bath & Body Works Marshmallow Fireside - This one is actually part of B&BW's fall line but I like burning it during the holidays. The scent is pretty unique, its a mixture of sweet marshmallows, smokey campfire and a slight hint of woodsy cologne. Its one of those truly calming scents. I love to burn this in the evening after getting home from work to wind down.


A lit candle is that perfect homey finishing touch to a room during the holidays. There's nothing like lighting a candle, turning off the lights and settling down to watch a Christmas movie. Do you burn candles during the holidays? What are your favorite scents?




1 comment:

  1. I am enjoying Bath & Body Works Sweet Cinnamon Pumkin! More of a fall scent but works for Christmas too!

    ReplyDelete