Friday, August 8, 2014

A Kiss of Sun



One of the first things I think about when summer rolls around each year is getting that beautiful sun kissed glow. Growing up in a beach town I spent every spare moment at the beach and would have a beautiful tan all summer long. As I got older, not only did I not have as much time to get to the beach but I also started to take the dangers of the sun more seriously. 

I don't deprive myself from the sun altogether but when I do indulge in a little sun I use a much higher SPF than I used to. I protect my face with an even higher SPF so it typically ends up being lighter than the rest of my body. Adding a bronzer is an easy way to bring some color back into the skin. 

Here are my top 5:



Too Faced Sun Bunny Natural Bronzer

This is a great bronzer if you're looking for a glowing summer complexion. It has a slight shimmer but its not chunky or glittery. The shimmer, blended into the skin, gives off a beautiful golden glow that actually looks quite natural. It contains two shades that you can use on their own or mix together so its really 3 colors in 1. The swatch is of the two colors mixed together.




Laura Mercier Bronzed Pressed Powder in Dune Bronze

This is my old tried and true. I've had this for a few years and I've hardly even made a dent in it, you can still see the wave pattern in product. The color really mimics a natural tan by warming up the skin without being too orange. The consistency is silky smooth and long wearing.




Bobbi Brown Bronzing Powder in Golden Light

This is a beautiful matte bronzer. Its not at all orange or red in tone, I'd describe it as golden brown. Its very natural looking and blends beautifully into the skin. It gives a nice, natural summer glow that doesn't oxidize or change color throughout the day.




Benefit Hoola Bronzer

Hoola is another tried and true bronzer that you can't go wrong with. Its the lightest of the bunch so it makes it easy to wear in all seasons and its great for fairer skin tones. It is totally matte and the color is buildable is you want a deeper look. 




Smashbox Bronze Lights in Suntan Matte

This is my most recent bronzer purchase and its actually the darkest of the bunch. Although its dark, on the skin it doesn't come off dirty or muddy as some darker bronzers do. The color is buildable so you can start off with just a touch and then build it to your desired darkness. Its buttery soft and blends like a dream.




I apply bronzer with a fluffy brush under my cheekbones, across my forehead into my hairline, under my chin and down my neck to slightly contour and add warmth to my face. I've never been a fan of self tanners so I rely on bronzer to give my face that "kiss of sun".






No comments:

Post a Comment