Thursday, August 6, 2015

Becca x Jaclyn Hill Shimmering Skin Perfecter Pressed Champagne Pop Review & Comparison



This is a collaboration between YouTuber Jaclyn Hill and Becca Cosmetics. Since Jaclyn is responsible for much of the hype about the Shimmering Skin Perfectors it only made sense that she created her own unique color for the brand. It's no secret that Jaclyn is one of my favorite makeup artists on YouTube so when I heard about her latest collab I knew it had to be mine!




Becca describes the color as a soft white, gold shade with pinky peach undertones. It has a warm, almost orange undertone. I'd describe the color as the lovechild of Rose Gold and Peach. This shade has the same creamy texture as the other shimmering skin perfector pressed powders. They are all highly pigmented and easily blendable.

Jaclyn describes this shade as being flattering for all skintones but she created it with fair skin in mind. Sometimes it can be difficult to find that perfect highlight shade that shows up correctly if you have pale skin. Champagne Pop creates a beautiful soft lit glow that doesn't overpower lighter skin tones.




Since the color payoff is so high with a high-shimmer finish, it does take a bit of finesse to apply Champagne Pop without looking like a disco ball. The two brushes I turn to are the Sigma F35 and the MAC 188. The F35 is a tapered highlighting brush. It lets you dust the highlighter lightly over targeted areas for precise application. The MAC 188 is a small duo fibre brush that I reach for when I want a lighter application as it picks up less product and is great for blending.




I thought I'd compare the color of Champagne Pop to the other shades in my collection. This shade is lighter than Opal but darker than Moonstone. Rose Gold is more copper in tone, Opal is more golden and Moonstone is more yellow.




Overall I love this highlighter. Even though I have 3 other varieties of Becca's highlighters, I think I've found my perfect shade. It compliments my fair to medium complexion and does not give me a white cast or look muddy on my skin.

This is a limited edition product that is exclusive to Sephora.

Shop this post:




1 comment:

  1. Ohh, that color IS pretty! I think I like it best out of all the Becca shades. The side-by-side comparison is so helpful!

    Katie // FromMyVanity.com

    ReplyDelete