Thursday, May 28, 2015

Charlotte Tilbury Matte Revolution Lipstick



I've been loving matte lips for a while now and my love has definitely transitioned into the Spring. Lately, I've been lightening up by using mostly rosy pinks, nudes and corals. The trouble with matte lipstick is that it can sometimes be tricky. In order for it to go on smoothly, you need to make sure your lips are exfoliated, hydrated and lined. Sometimes this can be a bear, so when I saw that Charlotte Tilbury had released a line of hydrating matte lipsticks I knew I had to try them!




The new formula is called "Matte Revolution." Charlotte describes them as "the matte lipstick of the future". The formula is long lasting, buildable and hydrating. After trying these, I can safely say that these live up to Charlotte's claims. My major gripe with matte lipsticks is that they are drying and difficult to apply. These lipsticks glide on so smoothly and feel creamy on the lips. The finish is also really special. They are matte but they aren't a totally flat matte. She describes it as "cashmere", which I think is spot on. Its somewhere between matte and satin. There is just a slight hint of healthy luminosity that shines through. 

The lipstick shape is also unique in that it is squared off at an angle, which is supposed to mimic that of a lip brush. Although the different shape took a bit of getting used to, I actually really like it. The cut gives you more precision when applying. It almost looks like you used a lip liner if you decide to skip that step.

As with her K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipsticks, these have the same beautiful art deco inspired rose gold packaging.




I chose three colors: Very Victoria, a brown toned nude, Sexy Sienna, a peachy coral,  and Amazing Grace, a classic rose. All three of these colors have amazing pigmentation. One smooth pass on the lips is all you need to get the true color, but they are buildable and can also be sheered out. I love how versatile they are!




A matte lip, when done right, can be incredibly beautiful and Charlotte has hit the nail on the head with these! These were available exclusively on Charlotte's US website early this year, but will be coming to US retailers in the fall.




No comments:

Post a Comment