Friday, March 13, 2015

MAC Cinderella Collection Picks



I wanted to share a review of the items I purchased from the new MAC Cinderella collection. This is a limited edition collection, inspired by the beloved Disney princess, to coincide with the release of the new movie, which comes out today!. I've always loved Disney so I knew I wanted to check out this collection, Here's what I picked up:





Glass Slipper Lipglass

MAC describes this color as "light milky pink with pinkish pearl".  I was worried that the sparkle in the gloss was going to be too intense, but it is actually a fine micro-shimmer that gives a 3-D iridescent glow to the lips. The base of the lipglass is a lightly pigment soft pink. My favorite way to wear this on top of a pink lipstick to amp up the finish and shine.






Mystery Princess Beauty Powder

This is a cool-toned beige beauty powder intended for highlighting. It looks a bit metallic in the pan, but I've been wearing this as my cheek highlight all week and it is much more natural than it appears at first glance. It can be applied more densely with a tapered brush to get a more noticeable shimmery effect or more sheerly with a duo fiber brush to give a soft highlight. Both give a natural glow, it just depends on how noticeable you want it to be. The texture of the powder is smooth and blended out nicely on the skin.




Final Thoughts

The quality of the two items I purchased did not disappoint and the packaging is just adorable. I love that it is that beautiful powder blue that matches Cinderella's famous dress. I purchased these online the day they went on sale, 2/26. They went on sale in stores last Thursday, so I'm getting this up a little late. Of course, in typical MAC fashion, the online supply was depleted in just a few hours, but these are still available in stores. The collection is exclusive to MAC stores and Macy's counters. I'd recommend calling your local store to check their supply if you are lusting after a specific item from the collection.

Do you have your eye on any of the MAC Cinderella items?



2 comments:

  1. I didn't get any of the products in this collection, but I snagged a lipstick in the Boa Boa Wan collection. It's always so crazy when these Limited Edition collections come out. They sell out SUPER fast!

    Both of the products you got look *so* pretty! (Your pictures are fabulous, girl!) Glad you enjoyed all the products you purchased. There is nothing worse than paying a high price for something that wasn't worth it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I hate that about MAC, they play with our emotions with all the limited edition collections, but it always draws us in anyways! I missed the Bao Bao Wan collection, the lipsticks look amazing! Which color did you get?
      -Monica

      Delete