Friday, February 6, 2015

Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Spotlights Review

This is a limited edition set from Becca Cosmetics which features mini sizes of three of their Shimmering Skin Perfectors. I picked this up over the holidays and have been loving it ever since! Becca's pressed powder versions of their highlighters have a cult following so when I saw that I could try three of their liquid highlighters for only $25, I jumped at the chance!



The three colors in the set are Pearl, Opal and Champagne Gold. Pearl is a glowy white, Opal is a pinky nude and Champagne is an iridescent gold. I've been wearing Pearl a lot since my skin is very pale right now, but Opal can also work. Champagne is a bit too dark for me at the moment but I'm going to save it for the summer months when my skin has a little color.




Here they are slightly sheered out:




Becca describes the finish as "subtle luminosity that provides a prismatic effect". I mainly use these as a highlighting product on the tops of my cheekbones and a little down the bridge of my nose. They can also be mixed in with your foundation to give an all over glowy appearance. They are similar in consistency to Benefit High Beam, but the Becca spotlights are more creamy and blendable.

Becca also sells these separately. The full size bottles are in a pump form. They are 1.7 oz and retail for $41 each. The mini sizes have a straightened doe foot applicator and are about the size of a lip gloss at 0.17 oz. The amount you get in each bottle is much less than the full size, but a little goes a long way. Since the price of three of these smaller sizes is still much less than one full sized shade, I think you're still getting a good value. 




I apply these in two ways:

I either make three small dots with the applicator to the tops of my cheekbones and then blend it out with my ring finger and lightly bring it down the bridge of my nose. My favorite way to apply these is with a small stipple brush. This one from ELF is amazing for cream products and is available for only $3 at Target. I dot some of the product on the back of my hand, dip the brush in and stipple it onto the tops of my cheeks and a little bit down my nose. 

Final Thoughts:

For the $25 price tag I think this is an amazing value. You get three different highlight colors. Two of the three shades are in the permanent line but Champagne is limited edition and is only available in this set.

These are limited edition and they are currently sold out at Sephora and Ulta, but you can still order them directly from the Becca Website. Happy Highlighting!




2 comments:

  1. Nice to be able to try a few different shades, plus I have the big bottle, and these are much more portable.XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm loving the variety, I can't put these down!

      Delete