Thursday, July 31, 2014

ByAlegory Compact Organizer Review




I've been doing some re-organization of my makeup and was looking for some new storage options for my powders when I stumbled upon these acrylic compact organizers by the brand ByAlegory.




The organizers have eight spaces and can hold a wide variety of compacts. They actually come in six different colors. I picked up two of the clear acrylic ones to use for bronzers and highlighters. These fit nicely into the larger drawers of my Ikea Alex 6 drawer unit.

What Fits

The Dimensions of the total organizer are 8.6 x 3.5 x 2 inches. Inside compartment dimensions are 2.95 x .90 inches.

Most standard sized circular face powders fit nicely. Even some of my square powder compacts fit like my Laura Mercier Bronzing Pressed Powder, Tarte Amazonian Clay Bronzer and Nars blushes and highlighters. I chose to store bronzers and highlighters but blushes would also fit, just a little looser.




I tested this with MAC Mineralize Skinfinishes and found that they also fit nicely in the compact organizer. They are a little wider so they don't sit all the way to the bottom but they still fit and allow my drawer to close.




What doesn't fit

The Balm tall and wide powders (i.e. Bahama Mama, Hot Mama, Instain Blushes). To get technical these do fit sitting upright but that left too much room on the sides for my liking.

Nars Bronzers

Benefit Boxed Powders

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powders

Wet n Wild To Reflect Shimmer Palettes

Wet n Wild Color Icon Bronzers




Final Thoughts

I really love these. They're sleek, well-made and an effective storage system that fits into my Ikea drawers. They're also pretty enough to keep out on my vanity.

I wish they were a little longer and had 12 slots. I was really hoping to be able to fit two of them back to back in my drawers but unfortunately there's not quite enough room.

Price is $17.89 each. They sell them via Amazon and they're also Prime eligible. Find them at byalegory.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment